A FIRE in a wood burner in Tenbury Wells was extinguished by firefighters.
Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service crews from Tenbury and Bromyard attended the incident in Stoke Bliss.
The blaze was well alight and firefighters used chimney rods and water jets to extinguish it.
They also fitted four smoke detectors, a heat detector and a carbon monoxide detector.
It comes just days after Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service issued a warning to those using log burners and wood burning stoves after a spate of chimney fires across the county.
The devices have become more popular as people try to cut their energy bills during the cost-of-living crisis.
Among the advice is for people to get their chimneys professionally swept and to take care with open fires.